COD WITH TOMATO, OLIVE, CAPER SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata or Sicilian olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 to 8 -6 ounces pieces of fresh Cod or Haddock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; turn the heat down and add the onion, cook slowly for 3
minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional 3 minutes; do not let the garlic burn. Add the olives, capers, and tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes.
Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and arrange the fish on it; sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 10-12
minutes or until the fish flakes easily when moved with a fork.
To serve place a piece of fish on each dish and spoon on the sauce. (I like at a lot of sauce). Serve any leftover sauce on the side.